Sous Chef - Delivery Kitchen
We’re on the lookout for top-notch Sous Chefs to join our growing family at various locations across London.
This role will be located in our amazing Delivery Kitchens, working alongside Deliveroo, presenting our at Home delivery option.
Our kitchens are beautiful, busy places, filled to the brim with Bombay food and culture. You’ll be joining a super big-hearted, very talented team who will be on hand to support you from your first day.
What we’re looking for:
• You love to cook and learn new skills; eager to immerse yourself into our Bombay food and culture.
• You’ve been working in a busy environment for the past few years and want to find an opportunity that demands your first-class ability.
• You’re a growing leader and your willingness to learn more and develop is what will set you apart.
• You are ready to lead with all aspects of the kitchen operation to ensure food quality and delivery exceeds our guests’ expectation.
• You have a growing stock knowledge and have had exposure to some systems, but intrigued to learn new ones and ways of working.
• You are a real team player, always looking out for your team and lead by example.
• You want to be part of a company that can help you thrive and grow, but above all, enable you to achieve what’s important to you and your happiness.
We are a truly first-class (award-winning!) place to work and we’re humbled to have been voted this year as #19 Best Company to work for in the Times Top 100. And naturally, we have some of the very best team benefits around, which include:
• Industry-leading pay.
• Invites to great parties – we have a massive summer party (think: a huge festival with music, fairground rides, food, drink, and all-day-long pampering for you and two family members to enjoy, all on us), a huge Christmas party and team get-togethers every other week.
• Annual Babus’* Big Day Out – our chance to spoil you for all your achievements over the year.
• 28 days paid holiday a year (plus, if you have children, one extra day to take them to their first day at school).
• Healthcare cash plan.
• Wholesome team meals and bottomless drinks when on shift, plus as a Babu you have a daily allowance to spend on Dishoom food.
• Discount in all of our restaurants – 50% during the day, 25% in the evening – plus a Dishoom Babu card, with a monthly spend on us!
• Monthly get-togethers at our Babu* House (HQ).
• And much more!
*Babu can be a term of respect in India but is more frequently used to refer to bureaucrats behind desks who don’t do a great deal.