Banqueting & Events Head Chef
Thrilled to be part of one of the Hospitality Industry's Best Employers? We are extremely proud to have been highlighted as one of the Top 14 Best Places to Work in Hospitality. So, if you're looking for an inspiring journey where no two days are the same, with a lot of ongoing growth and opportunities, come and join our Richmond Hill Hotel team.
We’re an award- winning independent, destination loved hotel, restaurant & bar pouring incredible experience, creative imagination, and heart into delivering hill-top magic for our guests. Our team is at the heart of everything we achieve at Richmond Hill Hotel - our overwhelmingly positive reviews are testament to the hard work our amazing stars put in. We’re committed to creating a comfortable place for our team to work and we’re overjoyed to have twice been finalists for ‘Employer of the Year’ and won a People award for our ‘Team Engagement’.
Experienced Banqueting & Events Head Chef seeking your next challenge? We’ll hedge a guess that you’re able to spin 100 plates at once, not literally – of course, but you’re someone who thrives under pressure. As a Head Chef, we know you’re as close to a superhero as it gets – a clean plate returned at the end of a sitting is the Chef’s equivalent to getting the guy or girl, right?!
What will I be responsible for?
This position will be the key contributor to the success of our Events delivery. The Banqueting & Events Head Chef will be responsible for leading their brigade of Chefs by providing strong, positive leadership, demonstrate an appetite to develop chefs and ability to communicate well at all levels. As well as producing fresh dishes, on trend, demonstrated through culinary expertise, you will have the responsibility of ensuring that the Events brigade are delivering to a fabulous level at all times - focusing on the highest quality and appearance of each finished plate before serving to the customer whether that be for a high-profile banquet expertly executed for 100, for a corporate business lunch or the perfect meal to accompany a special Wedding Day. Delivering a great guest experience using an operational excellence model which contributes to profitable top line sales and for the overall operation of the banqueting according to the company standards. As the Banqueting & Events Head Chef at the Richmond Hill Hotel you will be responsible for:
· Supporting the Executive Head Chef with daily operations in your kitchen
· Leading your brigade in creating the dishes developed in collaboration the team
· Inspiring your brigade to successfully create a range of menus, working with them to offer your expertise
· Consistently finding innovative ways to drive financial performance without compromising on quality
· Monitoring portion and waste control in addition to labour productivity to maintain profit margins
· Leading and developing your brigade of Chefs, whilst being Robin to Batman (your Executive Head Chef)
· Ensuring you and your team deliver high standards of food and meet health and safety regulations.
Is this Head Chef role right for me?
· You’ll already be an established Head Chef seeking their next challenge
· Whilst it would be great if you had experience working in a banqueting environment, outstanding cooking and leadership skills gained within a fast-paced environment are a must
· You will have a solid understanding of produce and ingredients and the ability to influence profit margins
· The ability to create dishes that are both fresh, creative and profitable
· You will be abreast of modern trends and ability and passion to demonstrate this successfully
· Innovative in your approach
· You will be flexible, adaptable – hardworking and FUN!
What’s in it for me?
- Access to hundreds of online discounts and freebies from leading brands, from food and drink to travel (because we know life isn’t just about work)
- Free Health Cash plan for you and your family
- Hotel Recognition Programme - Employee of the Month award - £100.00; Manager of the Quarter award - £100
- Various rewards and recognition incentives
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing by 1 day per complete year of service to a maximum of 33 days.
- Discounted use of hotel facilities including Restaurant and Lounge
- Hotel annual Awards
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £500 cash incentive
- Departmental and whole hotel team building and social events
- Workplace pension
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes – Cycle to work, Gym membership, Enjoy Technology and Workplace Nursery
- Free parking on site
- A free meal when on-shift (as all that outstanding service will work up quite the appetite)
- A personal development plan to match your career aspirations
- Room to grow
- Full uniform
- Flexible working hours/days/weekends