Junior Sous Chef
Junior Sous Chef at Megan’s - Winner of Best Emerging Concept 2022
At Megan’s we are always Sharing, Caring and Daring! It’s what makes working at Megan’s truly unique!
We share and celebrate our successes, share our growth, knowledge and opportunities while also sharing what our true selves are to create a safe space for everyone.
We care about your mental health, your time away from work and what your looking for in a new employer.
We are daring in our expansion plans and our mission to be the most loved neighborhood restaurant.
Yes we are on a truly daring growth journey, seeing us open four restaurants in 2021 and our plans are for 32 by 2024.
So come and be part of our Megan's dream team; working in our great restaurants at the heart of our neighborhoods with some very cute dogs, fresh food and a brand you can truly grow with and feel proud of.
What you will receive as our new Junior Sous Chef:
A Competitive salary
· £12.00 per hour Monday – Friday *
· £13.00 per hour Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday’s *
In addition, our team receive length of service increments on top of their base hourly rate as follows....
Extra 70p per hour after 3 months service
Extra £1.20 per hour after 6 months service
Extra £1.70 per hour after 12 months service
Plus a Site performance bonus of £1.00 extra for every hour worked in a week.
Meaning you can earn up to £14.00ph when you start and up to £15.70ph with your an established Junior Sous Chef with us!
· Up to 50% discount on your bill when dinning with up to 6 friends and family.
· We share our weekend shifts so that every member of our team has one weekend off a month.
· Work & life balance – 48 hours per week contract, two days off and a commitment to make sure we also are flexible around your personal life.
· Wagestream – access your salary when you need to and before payday.
· A fun work environment with a family feel.
· Investment in YOU to be our next Sous Chef! We offer regular training, personal progression & opportunities for development with our exciting growth journey as we promote on average one person a week!
What you will be doing? :
As our next Junior Sous Chef you will be working in a volume, fast paced all day dining environment caring about fresh food, sharing your knowledge to your team and daring to be the best in the kitchen in the business.
- Inspire, maintain and deliver exceptional operational standards during every shift.
- Build and develop a talented team of chefs.
- Be passionate about using quality fresh ingredients to creating amazing flavours!
- Be able to produce our sensational dishes the Megan’s way!
Are you our next Megan's Junior Sous Chef
- Previous experience running kitchen shifts
- Able to effectively use and follow systems and processes in relation to Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Being a team player and supporting the other chefs in the kitchen
- Consistently ensure the highest standards of food being served to our guest
Megan’s Restaurants is equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
*Package includes membership of an independently managed tronc arrangement through which service charge is allocated outside of and in addition to your basic pay from your employment. Hourly amount shown is indicative, based on current tronc allocations, and actual pay may vary based on service charge collected.