Restaurant Supervisor - Sociable Hours
£30,000 p.a. plus benefits
Full-time 40 hrs (incl. rota'd weekends)
Eden Court is a deluxe Retirement Village, located in Battersea SW11, boasting 28 luxury independent apartments and 71 bedded nursing, residential and dementia care home. Providing all the benefits of a socially vibrant community, Eden Court offers a fitness studio, hair salon, activity room, restaurant and café/bar, as well as a courtyard/roof terrace for a wide range of activities and social events.
We are looking for an experienced Restaurant Supervisor to deputise for the Dining Services Manager, and support high a quality, consistent service in the dining rooms, the café bar and restaurant/club lounge. You will delivering a consistent high-quality service, which is safe, efficient and cost effective at all times and well as developing, and enhancing the club lounge offering and service. You will also work with the activities and events team for any celebratory events and functions.
The Restaurant Supervisor will supervise with a hands-on approach, supporting the training of team members to ensure that services run smoothly. All dining areas of the village will be presented to the highest standard. You will need excellent communication skills when liaising with team members, residents and family members.
- To train and supervise in conjunction with the Dining Services Manager (DSM), the host/hostess team members, ensuring that performance standards are understood and adhered to.
- Ensure that the host/hostess teams deliver the highest standard of customer service.
- Support the DSM to provide imaginative and interesting themes for special events, festive requirements, parties, al fresco dining, buffets.
- Ensure all statutory and company requirements are met in terms of Food Safety, Health and Safety and that the appropriate records are kept for compliance.
- Ensure the EPOS system is balanced with the PDQ machine each evening
- Support with stock takes as required.
- Monitor and support the dining areas, club room, café bar and room service ensuring that the Cinnamon standards are met always.
- Talk to residents and apartment owners throughout the day, consider feedback and make changes accordingly. Ensure residents likes and dislikes are documented, and host/hostess teams are aware of resident's nutritional needs.
- Ensure that dining areas, the café bar and club lounge are presented to the highest standard and are safe.
Ideally you will have previous hotel standard dining experience and be a flexible, supportive team player.