Supervisor wanted at Black Sheep coffee in Manchester.
Great rates of pay and opportunities to grow with us!
Are you a Black Sheep?
A Supervisor with an itch to shake up the established order and offer something new and exciting to customers everywhere? So do we! Maybe we can help each other out...
About Black Sheep Coffee...
Founded in 2013 when a group of friends decided to quit their jobs on the same day to " Leave The Herd Behind " and embark on a coffee mission of ridding the world of boring, average-tasting coffee. Up to a total of 37 stores, we are in the Top 10 Fastest Growing Companies in Britain.
Black Sheep Coffee is famous for launching the first 100% specialty grade robusta coffee and the only premium robusta bean on the market (X2 caffeine - get your buzz on!). Our Founders, Eirik & Gabriel, travel to origins throughout the year to source the best beans in the world. In fact, we are one of the few shop retailers that purchase our beans directly at the plantations, looking after the picking, drying, and washing process according to the strictest of guidelines - all in search of the perfect bean.
What's the role...
The supervisors are the cogs of the business, keeping everything running like clockwork. Keeping the team motivated, they are the driving force of team spirit and working together. Confident in taking the lead and decision making, they love driving sales and thrive under pressure. They are proud to champion our company values. Supervisors are self-motivated and one of our pathways to progressing into a General Manager. Supervisors are second in command in the absence of a General Manager.
My role will include but is not limited to...
- Defusing customer issues in a professional manner
- Empowering your team to prioritise customer's needs and recommend products
- Comfortable in a customer facing role and excel when thinking on their feet
- Exceeding expectations of the customer with high energy levels and strong product knowledge
- Passionate about specialty coffee and proud to be an ambassador of Black Sheep Coffee
Communication and People Management
- Effectively communicating expectations to the team through goal setting and motivation
- Creating a positive work environment through regular feedback
- Understand the importance of following the internal communication processes
- Liaise with the store manager to contribute to team development
- Able to manage sales expectations and keep waste low
- Knowledgeable in stock management (including ordering, receiving and stock take) and able to step up in the absence of a store manager
- Efficiently manage team scheduling
- Routine compliance checks
- Enforcing cleaning rotas to ensure high standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Quickly and calmly troubleshooting issues in store including maintenance issues, pest control and emergencies
- Health & Safety, First Aid and Fire
- Food safety standards adhered to
- Confident in EHO standards and how to act during an inspection
- First Aid and Fire Marshall trained [we can provide training]
What Great Looks like
Challenge the status quo
* Challenge self and team to constantly strive in delivering amazing service
* Always thinking and implementing new innovative ways of driving team engagement and performance
* Comfortable thinking outside of the box
* You are an ambassador and leader of our brand - always displaying our values and behaviours
* Passing on your knowledge to the team to help them be the best they can be
* High energy and drive to deliver beyond expectations
Be a team player
* Show respect to co-workers with appropriate conversation and empathy
* Be part of the drive to make your store a fun and inclusive working environment
* Understand the needs of the team and where to position yourself to be as helpful as possible during power hours
* Communicate clearly with both the team, support office, customers and any external sources
* Support the General Manager with any people related situations in store
We are a relatively young company with a very ambitious future. You will be paid competitively and of course, can have as much free coffee and tea as you can drink as well as a great discount on our coffee beans, merch, booze & food items in store. We work hard and we play hard too. Our summer and Christmas parties are not to be missed!
Join us ………Apply today!