Head Barista wanted at Black Sheep coffee in Oxford.
Great rates of pay and opportunities to grow with us!
Are you a Black Sheep?
A Supervisor with an itch to shake up the established order and offer something new and exciting to customers everywhere? So do we! Maybe we can help each other out...
About Black Sheep Coffee... " and embark on a coffee mission of ridding the world of boring, average-tasting coffee. Up to a total of 37 stores, we are in the Top 10 Fastest Growing Companies in Britain.
Founded in 2013 when a group of friends decided to quit their jobs on the same day to "Leave The Herd Behind " and embark on a coffee mission of ridding the world of boring, average-tasting coffee. Up to a total of 37 stores, we are in the Top 10 Fastest Growing Companies in Britain.
Black Sheep Coffee is famous for launching the first 100% specialty grade robusta coffee and the only premium robusta bean on the market (X2 caffeine - get your buzz on!). Our Founders, Eirik & Gabriel, travel to origins throughout the year to source the best beans in the world. In fact, we are one of the few shop retailers that purchase our beans directly at the plantations, looking after the picking, drying, and washing process according to the strictest of guidelines - all in search of the perfect bean.
What's the role...
It is our mission to rid the world of average boring tasting coffee and who better to lead the crusade. Our Head Baristas are the coffee masters of their stores - highlighting the quality of our beans and always proud to show off their latte art skills, they are a fountain of knowledge when it comes to coffee. As a support to the store manager and/or supervisor, they've got a great grasp of the store's needs. Head Baristas are second in command in the absence of a General Manager or Supervisor.
My role will include but is not limited to...
- Teaching others in the team about efficient workflow, perfecting shots and nailing latte art
- Passing on expect knowledge about our beans to customers and helping them to choose the right drink for them
- Developing and nurturing the team
- Coffee Quality
- Brand standards met through team training
- Creating coffee recipes that let our beans shine
- Regular equipment cleaning and maintenance
- Spot checking your team's skills and knowledge regularly
- Leading the team effectively during power hours
- Creating a positive work environment through regular feedback
- Able to have courageous conversations
- Able to communicate professionally both upwards and downwards in the team
- Store Running
- Knowledgeable in stock management (including ordering, receiving and stock take) and able to step up in the absence of a store manager
- Team scheduling and rota approval
- Routine compliance checks
- Enforcing cleaning rotas to keep the store up to Black Sheep Coffee's standards
- Extensive health and safety knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Quickly and calmly troubleshooting issues in store including maintenance issues, pest control and emergencies
- Defusing customer issues in a professional manner
What Great Looks like……
Challenge the status quo
* Making your role as Head Barista your own and communicating your ideas with your store management team
* Taking pride in finding fun and creative ways to train your team and keep coffee standards high
* Fanatical about people and coffee, always striving to provide quality and excellence
* Educating your team and customers on all there is to know about coffee and what's special about our beans
* Showcasing your skills and knowledge
Be a team player
* Be proactive and conscientious about getting stuff done
* Lead the team with respect and empathy
* Be aware of your team needs - providing help and support to all
* Create a team environment of trust where others are inspired to work effectively together
* Communicate brilliantly by giving regular honest feedback
* Be patient and considerate
We are a relatively young company with a very ambitious future. You will be paid competitively and of course, can have as much free coffee and tea as you can drink as well as a great discount on our coffee beans, merch, booze & food items in store. We work hard and we play hard too. Our summer and Christmas parties are not to be missed!
Join the team …….apply today!