General Manager wanted at Black Sheep coffee in Oxford.
Great rates of pay and opportunities to grow with us!
Are you a Black Sheep?
A General Manager with an itch to shake up the established order and offer something new and exciting to customers everywhere? So do we! Maybe we can help each other out...
About Black Sheep Coffee...
Founded in 2013 when a group of friends decided to quit their jobs on the same day to " Leave The Herd Behind " and embark on a coffee mission of ridding the world of boring, average-tasting coffee. Up to a total of 37 stores, we are in the Top 10 Fastest Growing Companies in Britain.
Black Sheep Coffee is famous for launching the first 100% specialty grade robusta coffee and the only premium robusta bean on the market (X2 caffeine - get your buzz on!). Our Founders, Eirik & Gabriel, travel to origins throughout the year to source the best beans in the world. In fact, we are one of the few shop retailers that purchase our beans directly at the plantations, looking after the picking, drying, and washing process according to the strictest of guidelines - all in search of the perfect bean.
What's the role...
Our Managers are the best in the business, with complete accountability for their team and site performance. They are driven and set shop objectives that not only achieve but exceed company targets. They lead by example and are proud ambassadors of the Black Sheep Coffee values and excellent standards and customer service. They are passionate about their people, love developing & leading their team to success whilst creating a great place to work.
My role will include but is not limited to...
- Store Accountability
- You have full accountability for the delivery of sales and profit for your site, making well thought out decisions based on a full understanding of the P&L and the potential commercial implications whilst ensuring the customer experience is not compromised
- Ensuring that your financial reports / stock takes are completed to a high standard by yourself [or next in command] within any given deadlines
- To forecast, plan, and deploy labour appropriately as per site budgets/ targets
- Ensuring that deadlines are met and that you understand the implications to the business and others if these are missed
- Confident in using all systems [e.g. Fourth, Revel and our range of delivery platforms)
- Team Management
- You have hands on approach but know when to step back to let the team shine
- To constantly monitor quality and consistency of performance during service in all areas of the business, through attention to detail, observation, interaction and communication with your employees and customers
- Induct and train employees - coaching and inspiring them to reach their full potential
- Plan and organize the team on shift to ensure that all tasks are carried out to maximize customer satisfaction, both in store and through our delivery platforms
- Giving your team regular feedback / praise through scheduled coffee chats and appraisals
- Creating an environment where potential is recognized and progression encouraged, actively identify talent for promotion, encouraging a belief in people development and succession planning within the business
- Communicating through planned management meetings and shift briefs as well as on shift coaching
- Quality and Standards
- Keep your store's focus on serving excellent specialty coffee and being passionate about it
- Ensure that all employees achieve high standards throughout ensuring best possible use of all resources maintaining the highest standards of product quality and food safety
- Ensuring that your store is compliant with all legal processes & procedures, food, health and safety & fire safety standards
- Assuring high product quality standards and specialty coffee standards
- Accountable for compliance audit and its implementation in the shop
- Driving Sales
- To protect and enhance the business through local marketing and excellent service
What Great Looks like
Challenge the status quo
* You work collaboratively and constructively to challenge others when you believe a decision is not the right one for your site/ region/ business
* You integrate your store into the local community to build strong relationships with key stakeholders looking for opportunities to drive sales
* You can engage with your team to create excitement and achieve your site goals
* You are the master of all things coffee. Your team come to you for your knowledge and guidance to pass onto every customer
Be a team player
* You lead by example and are a role model to your team on how to live the Black Sheep Coffee values and behaviours
* Develop, nurture and champion your team to deliver their potential
* Create a store environment which encourages your team and customers to express their own individuality
* You can flex your style depending on who you are training/ coaching to ensure potential is fulfilled
* You have the respect and trust of your team and show empathy so that they will confide in you with any problems and when they need support
Sounds like you? .......................Apply today!