These days work doesn’t feel like work. It’s passion, learning and all about people in hospitality.
Wednesday was no exception and great day at the BII Propel People and Training Conference and the following NITAS. An inspirational day with so many transferable insights from industry leaders to our collective businesses. Thank you so much.
Mike Clist, congratulations and for your service, we salute you and for stepping up for us all in the industry. Mark Robson, you’re (more than) looking the part.
It was amazing to hear the positive words in support of Beers and Peers from Kevin Charity from Coaching Inns, immediately confirmed by Mark who recognises the positivity that Hayley Connor, Carly Pickering, Jenny Aspray, Lee Melton and Giordana Annibal.
From my 18 pages of notes (I kid you not), I’m not going to draft War and Peace! I’d rather say how on point with how our Hospitality Industry is adapting to challenges and how strong we’re becoming as an industry through focused and shared ideas, including every aspect from wellness projects and ongoing recognition to ensure that we provide fun environments for people to thrive and grow with support and understanding when things aren’t going well to listening through employee feedback and customer recognition.
I’d like to say a big thank you to all the speakers who were inspirational. Thank you:
- Jamie Campbell at CPL Online – The People and Performance Pathway
- Rob Liddiard at Yapster – Building a Company Culture for the Next Decade
- Jill Whittaker at HIT Training, Graham Briggs at Greene King, James Nye at Anglian Country Inns – in their discussion on the future of the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Katy Moses at KAM Media – The role of incentives
- Charlotte Kemp at Mission Mars – Focussing on Staff Engagement
- THE LEGENDARY Scotty Mills at Royal Marine on True Leadership and Unmovable Values and the respect towards this man is insane. I can’t put into words how humbled and inspired we felt. An alternative perspective… to say the least.
- Jo Fleet at Flat Iron – A holistic approach to team members
- Kevin Charity at Coaching Inns – Looking after your staff
- Jackie Moodie-Mcnamara at Turn the key & Brilliant Women – How to unlock potential and create a talented pipeline of senior women leaders
- Connor Shaw at Bizimply – How to galvanise your GM’s
- David Smith at Asda – The seven principles of great peformance
Krishnan Doyle at COREcruitment - A HR Directors Panel with Janene Pretorius at The Ivy Collection, Claire Clarke at Casual Dining Group, Tim Painter at Stonegate Pub Company, Dawn Browne at Fullers and Cheryl Horn at OYO – the challenges of recruitment and retention in the sector.
Amazing and thank you from all of us here. There were so many transferable ideas from amazing people in equally great businesses. It’s all about People.
#positive #hospitalityambassadors #hospitalityimpact #lovehospitality #hospitalitytogether #2020vision