Great, you’ve got that job interview - Congratulations!
At Hospitality Jobs UK, we want you to know that it is quite normal to feel nervous about going for a job interview, so we want to ensure you are prepared for any interview before you go.
To help you prepare, we’ve put together some tips & advice on how to get the best out of your interview, from interview preparation, planning your journey, to questions you may be asked at the interview, through to obtaining feedback.
These tips will help boost your confidence and chances of a successful interview and will leave a lasting positive impression to your potential new employer.
Prepare some questions in advance that you may want to ask the interviewer
The interview is a two-way process you will want to find out if the company and position are right for you. You should therefore ensure that you have enough information to make up your mind whether you want the job. For example:
- Where will I fit into the overall organisation structure?
- What will be my responsibilities/ accountabilities?
- Can you explain the reporting structure?
- Who would be my key stakeholders ?
- Where does the person interviewing you fit within the team / structure?
- What would be the objectives of this role in the first 6 months?
- Ask about the company strategy and values
- What training and development do you provide?
- What are the opportunities for promotion?
- Will traveling be required in this position?
- Will relocation be required now or in the future?
- When will you decide on the appointment?
- What is the next step?